As the name suggests, a stairlift is a device that transports a person up and down a staircase, which is required when a person has a disability or is at that age where coordination is being affected. There are numerous components that make up the latest generation of stairlifts, which are listed below.
- Tracking – Made in short sections, the tracking can accommodate a straight or curved staircase; fitted to the track is the chair and a small remote control unit. Most units use a chain and sprocket design, with an electric motor that drives the unit, the unit runs from a battery and recharges automatically when plugged into a wall socket.
- Electric Motor – A heavy duty motor with a long warranty ensures that the equipment works as it should for many years. Of course, the unit would need regular servicing and if you are looking for stairlift quotes in Dunstable, start with an online search.
- Battery – The lithium-iron battery stores the electricity to operate the stairlift and it is rechargeable, which means you can use the stairlift during a power outage.
- Chair – Super comfortable and very safe, there is a buckle seatbelt to fasten once you are seated. Foldable solutions make for regular use of the stairs, as other family members do not need to use the stairlift.
- Panels – For safety and aesthetic reasons, the equipment is covered with slimline panels that blend with your décor.
The Internet hosts a wealth of information about stairlifts and a local supplier in Dunstable would be happy to quote for purchase or rental.